Christian Youth Theater (CYT) is an after-school theater arts training program for students ages 5-18. Since its founding in 1981, CYT has grown to be the largest youth theater program in the nation, with Affiliates across the country training thousands of students a year.
Each local program conducts three ten-week sessions (Fall, Winter, and Spring) teaching drama, voice, dance, and specialty theatrical workshops at weekly two-hour classes. Enrolled students have the opportunity to audition and perform (or work behind-the-scenes) in a Broadway-style musical performed for the community. CYT also offers summer camps for kids ages 5-18, where they will spend a week learning musical theater skills resulting in a showcase performance for family and friends!
CYT stands in the forefront in its commitment to the highest ethical, moral, technical, and artistic standards of excellence. Instructors are professionals, qualified in teaching and/or performing, who understand our mission statement, values, objectives, and goals.
CYT is dedicated to developing character in children and adults through training in the arts and by producing wholesome family entertainment, all of which reflect Judeo-Christian values.
Values and Objectives
- Placing the maximum worth on people and treating each individual with respect and significance.
- Developing character values in individuals including commitment, discipline, self esteem, confidence, and integrity.
- Supporting the family unit through the direct involvement of each family member’s talents, interests, and abilities.
- Providing a quality product without compromising a wholesome environment.
- Being a godly role model promoting the awareness of a higher accountability.